When you think about designing your dining room, the décor and furniture will be your main concern. And whatever is your main use for the dining room, it should be comfortable and cozy. And all decorative elements must be employed to complement the main feel you want to create in your dining room. Given in the following part are some tips for dining room design.
• Use a light color for walls if you have a small dining room, but if you have a large room using dark color will help in creating a warm atmosphere in the room.
• Windows with narrow frames and surrounding woodwork will make the room appear more expansive.
• Employ the mirrors to create an illusion of larger space.
• Wallpaper is preferable than painted walls since wallpaper absorbs sound waves. Also, a carpet or rug is better in absorbing the sound than wood flooring.
The Furniture Dimensions:
• Buy only the furniture that you need for the room and don’t try to overwhelm the room with unnecessary furniture.
• Using light wood will create an illusion of larger space.
• Leave at least 4 feats space between the sides of the dining table and the walls or other furniture and 24 inches between chairs.
Accessories and Accent Pieces:
• If you have enough space, add other accent pieces like cocktail cabinets, buffet or sideboards as they give a touch of energy to the entire decor.
• You can Use classy lighting options like Candelabra, a chandelier, or any other unique lighting fixture.
In some cases, people may have to furnish a living-dining space shaped like an “L.” And this is not an easy task but you still have options that can be applied to be satisfied with the result.
Turn a sofa back to the dining area to separate the dining area from the living room. Or you can partly screen the two parts with an open shelf system place vertical to a wall. If you want to unite the dining area and living room you can open the sofas and seating to the dining room. And as for the color, you can paint the shortest wall of the “L” or the least-seen end wall of the smallest space with a special color. The light neutral wall paint is the best for the small living-dining rooms. Match the color of upholstery or a rug with the color of drapes.