When your apartment or your dining room is small you need to buy a space saving dining room furniture. Nowadays there are different options you can choose from and here are some options that deserve considering.
• Removable leaf dining table is a popular option you can choose. This table can accommodate four seats without the leaf. When leafs are added they can provide an extra space for up to six people. And there is a table with two removable leafs that accommodate about ten people. You can keep this removable leaf in a closet or under a bed.
• Drop –leaf tables are another option to save the space of the dining room. They have a drop leaf positioned on one or two of the long sides of the table.
• You can also have a look on modular furniture options as they include space saving dining room furniture. One of these options is seating that can be housed under the table and has leaves that retract rather than collapse.
• If you don’t like any of the options that mentioned above, you can easily choose a small table with simple lines. For example, Shaker table for two can be a good choice as it fit traditional or contemporary rooms.
Furnishing a small dining room is a challenge but if you choose the proper furniture you can make use of your space and get an elegant dining area. The following guidelines will help you in your challenge.
– Search for dining room furniture that fits into corners to make the best use of the wall and floor space. For example, instead of china cabinet, you can use a mahogany lighted corner curio.
– Choose dining room furniture that can use for more than one purpose. Elizabeth modern buffet is an example of multi-purpose furniture as it provides a storage space and adds a stylish touch to the room.
– Choose simple shapes of furniture with clean and straight lines to make your room looks larger.
As the table is the centerpiece of your dining room you need to find a table that fills your requirements and fit the small space.
1) Measure the room dimensions.
2) Choose a round table.
3) Choose an expandable table.
4) Consider buying a dining set to ensure that the tables and chairs will fit in your space.