Do you know that windows are one of the most important features of your dining area? Dressing your windows is a good idea as you will want to choose a design that can live for years. When your window treatments – curtains, valances and cornices – have seen better days, it’s time to try these window treatment trends to shed some new light on your space. Price, installation cleaning and replacement issues are important factor you should keep in mind when choosing your window coverings.
There are many options to choose from such as:
– Venetian blinds:
They are available in various sizes, styles, and colors, so even this simple technique provides many opportunities for creativity and individualism. They are characterized by being a simple designing method of covering windows.
– Hanging a valance:
It’s made of fabric or other substance that can be designed to mix with the rest of your room’s decor in a color that systemically organizes all the way through your home. They come in different lengths and styles, so you have choices for customizing the design and decorating.
– Sheers and drapery:
Heavy draperies, in winter, can be added for a layered look, with the heavier fabric tied back by day and loosened to hang down at night as a window covering. They can be easily cleaned by using vacuum to remove dust.
– Frilly curtains or tiebacks:
They fit those curtains in the kitchen or coordinate with other window coverings as they come in many styles, including café-style, in order to give the room a casual, fun appearance.
Martha Stewart Window Treatments
– 17 Shade and Curtain Projects:
1. DIY Custom Window Shade. 2. Wallpaper Window Shade. 3. Classic Shade.
4. Scalloped Window Shade. 5. Stenciled Roller Shade. 6. Formal Shade.
7. Ribbon Roller Shade. 8. Leather Border Shade. 9. Roller Shade with Twisted-Cord Tassel Pull.
10. No-Sew Applique Curtains. 11. Simple Café Curtains. 12. Map textile Roller Shade.
13. Handkerchief Valance. 14. Stenciled Floral Curtains. 15. Pom-pom Fringe Curtains.
16. Ribbon-Striped Sheer Curtains. 17. Lined-Trim Curtains.
Here are 12 tips for buying curtains:
As any decorator will tell you, curtains make a room—but only when chosen correctly.
There are so many decisions to choose from, but here are top 12 of them:
4. Dry clean only or machine washable.
6. Rod color.
7. Tie Backs.
8. Tie Backs.
9. Additional window coverings.
10. Window size.
11. Number of panels.