The dining room is one of the most visited places in many homes, it is where the whole family meets to have meals and enjoy precious times. So this room should be well furnished and decorated to be comfortable and inviting. When choosing your dining room furniture, the comfort should be your first priority and every piece of furniture should serve the relaxing and welcoming atmosphere you desire to create in the room. And here are some useful tips for decorating the dining room.
– Leave a spacious space in your room for all your diners. If you have a limited space which can accommodate only a small dining room table, so consider buying one with leafs that can be extended when you welcome many guests. It is advisable to leave at least 3 feet of space between the table and the wall of the dining room.
– Leave about 18 inches of space between your chairs seats and the bottom of the table to allow the guests from moving their legs comfortably.
– Many people give a little attention to the lighting of the dining room, but it really plays a great role in the entire look of the room. Chandeliers that hang over the dining room table is a favorite choice for many people and if you will be one of them don’t forget to leave at least 3 feet of space between the bottom of the chandelier and the surface of the table to reduce the chances of having an accident. Another amazing lighting option is dimmer switches because they allow you to adjust the lighting according to your needs.
In case you have a formal dining room in your home and you are going to redecorate it, here are some tips that may be good for you.
1. If you are using the room on a regular basis, choose a quite solid wood and the darker wood is the best. A solid wood is able to withstand the tear and wear that the table can see.
2. Leave at least 3 feet between the table and the wall to allow people to move their chairs comfortably.
3. A Roundtable is good for a small room, while rectangular table looks great in a larger room.
4. An area rug can perfectly contribute in enhancing the overall look of the room if it well-chosen. Choose the one that compliments you wall accessories and decorations.